I’ve just added two new items to my Free Download Library on my website:
- Version #2: Role of the Board
- Version #2: Board member performance expectations
Versions #1 are still there. But I’m always thinking of new ways of saying things. And thinking of new things that are important.
So visit the Free Download Library and check out these new versions.
And always remember the following:
- There is a difference between the board and the individual board member. These are NOT NOT interchangeable words.
- The first responsibility of the individual board member is to participate in the governance process. That’s what it means to be a board member. Go to board meetings, etc. etc. In Version #2 of the board member performance expectations, I’ve pulled together all the activities of being a board member.
- But the board member has another obligation – beyond corporate governance. I expect the board member to be a key volunteer, a leadership volunteer. So you will see assorted performance expectations for board members that happen beyond and outside of corporate governance. In Version #2, I’ve separated these to indicate that these activities are not part of governance but are equally important and non-negotiable.
I hope you find these new versions useful and helpful.