Airplane rides are great for reading all those stacks of reading sitting on my reading table.
Check these out:
Harvard Business Review, June 2013:
- “Dysfunction in the Boardroom.” See my recent blog about this great article. Groysberg and Bell give us important research findings and critical insights about women in boardrooms.
- “What is the Theory of Your Firm?” Todd Zenber says we should “focus less on competitive advantage and more on growth that creates value.” And he talks about Disney and Jobs/Apple.
- “Creativity in Advertising – When It Works and When It Doesn’t.” How does this article by Reinartz and Saffer compare to Jeff Brooks‘ stupid nonprofit ads commentary?
Do you read Stanford Social Innovation Review? You probably should. Check out the Summer 2013 issue.
- “Innovate and Scale: A Tough Balancing Act,” Seelos and Mair
- “Untangling the Confusion Over Organizational Ethics,” Liautaud
- “Embracing the Paradoxes of Innovation,” Khan and Joseph
And yet again, the Nonprofit Quarterly provides us with important stuff to think about and useful and challenging insights. The Spring 2013 issue focuses on taxes and nonprofits.