If you read The Agitator… or Ken Burnett’s blog… If you follow Adrian Sargeant and Jen Shang…
Then you’ve been reading about fundraisers, their pride and souls, weaknesses and just plain failures.
So here’s my quick summary of some great resources on the topic:
- Proud to be a Fundraiser from The Agitator. You really need to subscribe if you don’t already!
- Passion Assassins, also from The Agitator.
- Keeping the Right Fundraisers, Ken Burnett’s blog. If you don’t know who Ken is, it’s time you learn. And fast. Back in 1992, Ken introduced the concept of “relationship fundraising,” in his groundbreaking book of the same name. And Ken is the founder of the marvelous compilation website, the Showcase of Fundraising Innovation and Inspiration.
- The Great Fundraising Report, commissioned by ClaytonBurnett and research carried out by Adrian Sargeant and Jen Shang.
- Fundraising Technician or Organizational Development Specialist, posted in the Free Download Library on my website. I’ve long worried that too many fundraisers are technicians only – and that just doesn’t cut it. This concept is also described in the 3rd edition of my book Strategic Fund Development.
- See the job description of a chief development officer in my Free Download Library, too. And read about The Art of Leadership in Strategic Fund Development, 3rd edition.
If you want to be a great fundraiser, I suggest you read all of this. Then compare yourself. And, as necessary, make changes.