- Does your organization have a board-adopted policy that defines the role of the board and the performance expectations of board members?
- Does your organization use a top-notch recruitment, screening, and evaluation process for board members?
- And… Do you know enough to enable all this to happen?
- Visit the Free Download Library on my website for samples.
- Start a conversation with your boss about the effectiveness of your organization’s board – and the importance of the board (and board member) effectiveness.
- If you’re the boss, get your thoughts together and talk with the governance committee.
- Adopt the board job description.
- Adopt the performance expectations of board members.
Read my book Firing Lousy Board Members – And Helping the Others Succeed. Share this short, easy-to-read guide with your governance committee.