People are always asking me what I’m reading. That’s why I have a blog category called “Resources” and another called “Research.”
I rarely use the word “should.” But when it comes to being a professional fundraiser, operating as a professional in the NGO sector… and functioning as a member of civil society….
Then I use the word “should.” So here’s some of the stuff I’ve been reading.
- Get your own copy of the Nonprofit Quarterly‘s spring 2015 issue. The focus “Inequality’s tipping point & the pivotal role of nonprofits.” Online, check out this article: “Philanthropy’s Misguided Ideas for Fixing Ghetto Poverty: The Limits of Free Markets and Place-Based Initiatives.”
- Check out the latest critical fundraising blogs.
- “Are your program people helping your fundraising?” Marvelous piece by Jeff Brooks.
- And another one from Mr. Jeff… about photos…
- “Do You Have a Story To Tell? Baby Boomers Want to Hear It.” Thanks to The Agitator for pointing this out. And remember, focus on the donor audience…which are us older folks…not the millennials!!
Read! Read fundraising stuff and not fundraising stuff. Lifelong learning… What a great piece of life.