I don’t think we talk about racism and sexism and homophobia enough. I don’t think we acknowledge the root causes. I don’t think we call out truth enough.
These pieces about racism really resonate with me.
- “Why I Can’t Forgive Dylan Roof”
- “In Wake of Church Shooting, Republicans Repurpose Campaign Contributions from Avowed Racists”
- “Web of Hate: The Racial Hatred Culture that Spawned Dylan Storm Roof”
Thanks to a colleague in Cohort 24 at SMU for this:
- The old bootstrap pull-ups…
- Some notes on privilege… Don’t get mad. Don’t get offended. Check this out, too. And how about this.
Finally (for this blog), here’s one of my most favorite pictures: Equality is not justice. But equity is.