I hope not. Because asking and talking and (sometimes but not always) deciding is the business of business. This is your work. And the work of your colleagues and boss and board and …
More CRQs…especially focused on boards and governance:
- How can we create a board environment that is hostile to apathy and the rejection of diverse opinions? (Cohort 15)
- How do we create a culture that allows us to question whether we’re doing governance or management at board meetings?
- To what degree – in what ways – might program and services be affected when a board lacks diversity? (Pleasance, Cohort 23)
- What are the red flags that the board needs to be aware of? (Cohort 20)
- How does an organization make sure that not only is the community represented in the organization’s deliberations – but that the community is actually heard? (Brenda Brown, Cohort 23)
- How can boards know what they don’t know? (Cohort 23)
These are the kinds of cage-rattling questions we ask in my classes at SMUMN. And these are the kinds of CRQs that we strive to begin answering. Join us. We have lots of fun and learns lots more.