Here’s the overarching theory:
- Ask essential (and cage-rattling) questions to generate conversation.
- Conversation as a core business practice, according to systems thinking and learning organization business theories.
- Conversation generates learning.
- Learning produces change.
- And all 4 steps – when done well – create stronger organizations.
So the right questions (not the weak, chicken questions) are essential. And cage-rattling questions are particularly critical. What’s a cage-rattling question (CRQ)? See my next blog.