Yes, there is right stuff to learn in this profession of ours. The fundraising thing.
And there’s wrong stuff…or irrelevant stuff…or OPINION instead of EXPERTISE.
So here are some great resources to learn the right stuff and develop yourself and help you tell your boss and board to stop the opinionating and focus on the expertising.
MOCEANIC!! You MUST MUST visit and join us and learn and share and………
- Sign up for e-news and free fundraising tips and online courses and all kinds of cool useful important stuff!
- WOW! Check out the Moceanic crew like co-founders Sean Triner and Christiana Stergiou. Add in Jeff Brooks. And advisors like Roger Craver and Adrian Sargeant and Tom Ahern and Harvey McKinnon and Ken Burnett and me, Simone and more!
BLOOMERANG!!! I’ve decided NOT to talk about donor/fundraising databases. Instead…Get yourself a marvelous donor retention tool.
- Loyalty is the Holy Grail of any business (Thanks, Roger Craver 2009). LifeTime Value is the best of the best.
- Adrian Sargeant’s donor loyalty research is what you want to apply all the time. (And that’s the algorithm for Bloomerang.)
- Bloomerang is so user-friendly that your 5-year old pal can show you how to use it.
- Bloomerang also has a regular blog and free webinars – whether you use that donor retention tool or not.
- P.S. Tom Ahern communications stuff is also imbedded in this donor retention tool.
So those are just two thoughts for this week.