LEARNING. Learning more. Learning new. Developing yourself!!! LIFELONG LEARNER.
Check out the Masters Program in Philanthropy and Development at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
See what the students say in this video.
Check out what our graduates are doing… For example:
- Aaron Sanderson (SMUMN Cohort 20) has been recognized by the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP) as one of the Forty Under 40.
- Cathy Mann (SMUMN Cohort 23) has been recognized as AFP Greater Toronto’s 2018 Outstanding Fundraising Professional.
The SMIT (Single Most Important Thing)… THE RESIDENCY... On campus for 1 week together. Intensity of learning together, face-to-face. Sharing. Arguing. Laughing. Learning. (And you’ll want to build that back home in your office!)
Of course, there are great courses. I’m sharing just the tip of the iceberg in these bullets.
- Foundations of fundraising – and major and capital gift fundraising.
- Governance. Because the best fundraisers are highly knowledgeable about boards and board members and how to involve them and keep them in the right stuff and out of the other stuff!
- Strategic planning. Because without good institutional planning, how can your organization raise charitable gifts?
- Program assessment and evaluation. The criteria and process for creating programs with measurable outcomes. Without this, how can you prove that your nonprofit actually makes a difference?
- And how about legal and ethical issues? Some pretty weird stories there, I’ll bet!