LEARNING. Learning more. Learning new. Developing yourself!!! LIFELONG LEARNER.
See what the students say in this video.
Check out what our graduates are doing… For example:
- Aaron Sanderson (SMUMN Cohort 20) has been recognized by the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP) as one of the Forty Under 40.
- Cathy Mann (SMUMN Cohort 23) has been recognized as AFP Greater Toronto’s 2018 Outstanding Fundraising Professional.
The SMIT (Single Most Important Thing)… THE RESIDENCY... On campus for 1 week together. Intensity of learning together, face-to-face. Sharing. Arguing. Laughing. Learning. (And you’ll want to build that back home in your office!)
Of course, there are great courses. I’m sharing just the tip of the iceberg in these bullets.
- Foundations of fundraising – and major and capital gift fundraising.
- Governance. Because the best fundraisers are highly knowledgeable about boards and board members and how to involve them and keep them in the right stuff and out of the other stuff!
- Strategic planning. Because without good institutional planning, how can your organization raise charitable gifts?
- Program assessment and evaluation. The criteria and process for creating programs with measurable outcomes. Without this, how can you prove that your nonprofit actually makes a difference?
- And how about legal and ethical issues? Some pretty weird stories there, I’ll bet!