I really liked a few of the “Blog Picks o’ the Week” in The Trust Matters Blog. For example:
- Why Experts Are Bad at Sales
- By the way, check out Green’s Trust Equation. I use this sometimes when I’m presenting. TQ = C + R + I divided by S. Sorry I couldn’t make this look like a real equation. Just visit the explanation – and the good visual! – at the Trusted Advisor blog.
And I really liked Think Like a Buddhist, Sell Like a Rock Star. Read about these statements:
- People like to buy, they just don’t like to be sold. For example, donors do want to give.
- People buy what they need from those who understand what they want. For example, operate as a donor-centered organization!
- People buy with their hearts, and justify it with their minds. Emotions anyone? Neuroscience tells us that emotions are the key decision makers. Is that how your organization writes? Is that how your organization designs its development program?
I hope lots of this sounds familiar. This is your nonprofit’s work…. Selling tickets to your performance. Selling enrollment to your school. Engaging your customers. And who are your customers? Your clients and your volunteers and your donors and…